Friday, January 11, 2008

Totally Gushing Love Post

I have a not so secret crush. Actually, not at all secret, because I have the bumper sticker on my car advertising it to anyone who is stuck crawling through Miami traffic behind my behemoth of a van. Or to anyone who is pushing their grocery cart past in the Publix parking lot. I'd drive a lot more, just so more people could see my bumper sticker, if I had a hybrid car.


So this morning, after dropping Sara off at school, I turned on talk radio since I am now a political junkie following the presidential campaign, and imagine the wonderful morning surprise of having my guy on the show:



For regular readers of Fiction Friday, this is not fiction. I really do think that Dennis has such high moral standards and consistently takes action in the direction to achieve those standards.

Case in point today. Kucinich has asked for a New Hampshire recount in the interest of election integrity. As quoted on his website:

"I am not making this request in the expectation that a recount will
significantly affect the number of votes that were cast on my behalf....Serious
and credible reports, allegations, and rumors have surfaced in the past few
days...It is imperative that these questions be addressed in the interest of
public confidence in the integrity of the election process and the election
machinery - not just in New Hampshire, but in every other state that conducts a
primary election."

It had to be a candidate on the ballot who asked for the recount, so Dennis, who was shut out of the election debates, who isn't one of the top contenders, is the one to stand up for the voters to make sure that every vote gets counted correctly as cast. And in asking for the recount, he has to be willing to pay for the recount (btw, if you want to donate, www.Dennis4President.com is the place).

Maybe you don't think he's presidential material, but I just love knowing that there is someone in the world who is willing to put himself on the line to do what is right, over and over again. Someone who wants to achieve peace in the world. Someone who wants to ensure equality and justice for all.

Thank you Dennis. Keep up the good fight.

3 comments:

yellojkt said...

You can have Dennis. I'll take his wife.

Lisa said...

And you'd get to see her more often as First Lady : )

Cakes said...

I thought this was a cool thing, too!